Monday 17 October, 2011

FAREWELL

FAREWELL
¼fonk & yhyk/kj txwM+h English translation by GPBahuguna½

I could not bring to retrieve myself
as I had wished on my return
Instead whatever you gave me back
Was not much as it was anticipated?

Your words are hovering around here
It is very hard to wish you goodbye

Receiving goodbye on saying bye-bye
If I quickened my steps quickly
And halted at that tiny plant laden with fruits and flowers where 100th year completes
The distance traveled up to that height unbroken
Retrieved in me on my return after saying adieu to you

Now I am a new soul completely
Fared goodbye in saying goodbye
Learning to be humble like tree with unripe fruits
Under the shadow of which children stand waiting
with raised sticks to begin hard hitting
When tree goes ripe with fruits

Translation into English by Govind Prasad Bahuguna

No comments:

Post a Comment