Monday 26 September, 2011

A conversation between man and God


A conversation between man and God
¼bZ'oj vkSj vkneh dh ckrphr- yhyk/kj txwM+h English translation by GPBahuguna½

Do you know this is my idol ?
Some people are coming to worship it.
What do you want here? Are you on ritual fasting too?

No! No! This statue is mine
And it has been sold out.
I know myself better than you know me.
Incidentally which the fifth Plan could not provide
How can you promise to give that?
Although I am not on fasting but I remain hungry.

The question is not about the image only
it relates to my dwelling also.
Tell me, where should I reside?

Oh! Why should you move away frequently
From your place in the books?
We have already allotted you space in the
wall hanging calendars
Now you go and find your place in the Foot Wears and Watches
The humanity is in peril now.
Translation into English by Govind Prasad Bahuguna

No comments:

Post a Comment