Wednesday 21 September, 2011

I REMEMBER

¼^ esjh Le`fr esa a¥ yhyk/kj txwM+h English translation by GPBahuguna½

(The amazing glow reflecting your face

is shaking whole forest with reasoning
in remembrance of me)
Upset by fears unmistakable in your eyes
Every particle making the air moist.
Many doubts terminated into reality in the past,
But we ended unfulfilled whenever we tried it
Unblemished
We kept rushing into each other scared.
How to understand those relations one by one now.
The trees have quietly put on new leaves
But I have to stay on single path
To come out free from the obscurity of family
I have to grow up in my profession.
I am content
As if this obscurity supports my untold happiness
I am watching my dreams turning into dark.
By going deep into roots
The time is coming out through leaves
If this were my destiny only
Then this will not match the color of your lifestyle,
The colour of your eloquent mood.
The malady accompanied by remedy on spears,
And the flowers accompanied by airs on trees
will never cease to attract
The morning is again moist with dew after dust storm.
The smoke of your hearth
Has changed the color of your coat.
Moving you extreme back and extreme forward with continuity
In a span of one year
Who is that reflect you into those unhesitating eyes, tell me.
Toady again the drama of past regret repeats its show.
I continue to think in this limp light
Walk steadily into my darkness
I shall not burden your simple head with poems but place my hand on it
All the lost paths ultimately terminate into your home
In gossips
Within ourselves we try to cover-up each other by blots
Whatever may be the truth but
It is not in decency,
It is better to bear blame or carry bad name
Than to live in ordinary happiness
So that the old women could blame the times
You can treat me as your convenient problem
But I have come to remind you
What has become of that manly courage now?
Wandering for two days in the shine of our innermost desires
We had explored the jungle
By visiting our condemned places like prisoners.
Without assigning any title in my name
Whatever may be the unknown punishment
It all goes together without surprise these days
As if to enjoy celebration.
Translation into English by Govind Prasad Bahuguna

No comments:

Post a Comment