Monday 12 September, 2011

Freedom of Tree -Leeladhar Jagoodi -Translation by Govind Prasad Bahuguna

Freedom being proposed to the tree that day

It was asked-

Do you wish for leaves or flowers or the fruits right away?
Whether you like stem or boughs or the roots only
Or you ask for the earth simply.

The Tree said-
With no leaves will lighten my burden
With no flowers will end this fatigue also
Having no fruit will spare my life in many ways
Without stem I will not be chosen for felling
Having no boughs I will not have to bow down
As for the need to possess the earth
It is not I but the seed will require it
And if the very root were removed nothing better than that
Well, when you don’t require any of these
How can you be recognized as tree yourself
We want to designate you as Free Plant,
To enable you to enjoy this positions
You will have to choose on one of your assets.

Are you offering me something?
Or demanding a gift from me? - The Tree said
I fail to get you whatever you say
However,
If you could do whatever I suggested
I should become a Free Plant in all respect.

Then I shall stay forever with immortal things
that are never born
Nothing shall perish in me then
At least I should not depend at the mercy of seasons.
Fruit and leaves shall not fall off from me
In my place the other worldly assets,which never stay with any one forever shall have to wither away.
In that situation it will not be my branches but
all unfulfilled desires of previous birth will struggle.
The storm will not lash at me
Instead the unfulfilled desire shall bear fruit in me.

Whatever you declare to offer me,the tree said
Is an option only
Which I possess already .

In trying to give something you actually give nothing
What you offer me is negation
And whatever you do not wish to give me
is my need.

By taking away something in exchange
The freedom you give me will retrieve to
you to the same extent as it will leave me deprived
and incomplete.
Knowing well that freedom is a realization in reality
Which can never be felt in deprivation.

Whatever you give me in your declaration of freedom
Has never been in my aspirations
Instead you want to rob me of my natural instinct
The way I grow up and the way I look up
I qualify my existence as a Tree to that extent.

We know your difficulties and waits
Which you undergo to become a full tree

We want to elect you as a role model of tree
to enjoy the maximum attributes of a Tree
With minimum efforts.
For instance, that you become a fruit directly
We want to enhance your ultimate utility this way.
I know You want to give me a facility only
An easy approach road
But that is not my path- the tree said.

One more way out could have been found
As I explore my way in a seed,
Through which I can raise a tiny sprout from ground to rise high in sky.
I am the follower of that path
Which leads to you to progress while sticking to your own ground.
I am a traveler sought after by birds
to seek my marriage with one wood to the other woods.
It is neither easy to become a trunk
Nor it is simple to spread like branch
It is neither easy to be a blossom or fruit or a leaf
Nor it is easy to prepare ground for the roots
Nothing is so easy.

The question is not confined to becoming a Tree only
That is for the name sake only
Just like your freedom
So, what is there in a name?

After all, I am a Tree,
And not a creation of your ideas
Which may be changed by the evening.
I take my own time to grow

I am the Climate

I have my own economy also
I am an organization in myself.
Can you free your economy?
And can you grant freedom to any organization?

No comments:

Post a Comment