Saturday 24 September, 2011

A TETE-A-TETE WITH LOVE

A TETE-A-TETE WITH LOVE
¼^I;kj ls ckrphr yhyk/kj txwM+h: English translation by GPBahuguna½

Call it lewd but it was instinctive
Though rude but realistic
However over used yet lively
The Love I received in one corner for a brief moment
It was my luck that I met my Love
I wanted to say thanks
I wanted to feel grateful
I wanted to own it everywhere and forever.
My Love, first whispered something
Then started crying.
But the next moment, as if nothing had happened
It pronounced- I love you
Have you chosen me finally?
Because you choose and drop
You again pick up and leave.
Having chosen me to be your own
You sometimes-pickup anger, sometimes-intense dislike
Or asceticism.
Sometimes you choose monotony, sometime aloofness
Sometime you choose your mother
Sometimes your wife
One day you prefer your ideals
The other day your country.
Whereas I know
None of your nights
Are morally sound.
Since you need me
You want to possess me
I also need you.
Save your own life what other assets do you possess?
The relationship, which you call friendship
I want that to secured in your eyes, in your ears, in your nose,
And in your speech all-together.
I want the core of your heart and the spirit
Your loveliest thoughts
In nutshell I want to possess everything of yours.
In the last but not the least,
I want you to die for me also
Whether for small causes in my name
Or a total merger for my cause
-----------------------------------------------
Translation into English by Govind Prasad Bahuguna

No comments:

Post a Comment